The person climbing Salesforce Tower was reportedly posting on Instagram as he climbed. His name is Maison Des Champs, a rock climber who calls himself the Pro-Life Spiderman.
On his website, he says he recently started climbing sky scrapers to end abortion. He posted video during the climb against a particular OB/GYN in Washington D.C.
This climb was in response to the leaked draft in the Supreme Court Roe v. Wade abortion case.
RELATED: Chief Justice Roberts confirms authenticity of leaked court draft suggesting Roe could be overturned
Police say that around 9:21 a.m., officers were flagged down about the man climbing the building. Officers observed him on the side of the building several floors up, wearing climbing gear.
There are street closures in the immediate area and authorities are asking people to stay away from the scene.
Officers attempted to make contact with the climber as he ascended to safely remove him from the building, but instead surrounded him right as he arrived at the top.
According to Salesforce’s website:
- Salesforce Tower is 1,070 feet tall with 61 stories and 1.4 million square feet of office space.
- It takes 39 seconds to travel by elevator from street level to the 61st floor.
- Salesforce Tower’s foundation is socketed into bedrock, more than 318 feet in the ground.
- 12,000 tons of steel were used in the construction of Salesforce Tower.
- It took over 2.5 million man hours for the construction of Salesforce Tower.
Stay with ABC7 News for updates on this developing story.
San Francisco Fire is on scene with other Public Safety Agencies at 415 Mission, Sales Force Tower for a reported climber climbing the 60 floor tower. This person is placing firefighters lives and the publics safety at risk. AVOID THE AREA and join us in condemning this action. pic.twitter.com/QDpkfrYs4E
— SAN FRANCISCO FIRE DEPARTMENT MEDIA (@SFFDPIO) May 3, 2022
If you’re on the ABC7 News app, click here to watch live
Copyright © 2022 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.