No ‘active’ COVID cases in hospital as ACT Health changes wording on hospitalization figures | Canberra Times

coronavirus,

Canberra no longer has any active cases of COVID-19 in the hospital for the first time in months, but at least one patient remains there from the effects of the virus. There were none at ACT hospitals with an active case of COVID-19 at. 20.00 Tuesday. It is the first time since August 20 that no one has been listed as an active case at a hospital in Canberra. The patient, who was reported as being on a respirator in the intensive care unit on Monday, however, remains in the hospital, ACT Health said in a statement Tuesday night. “This person remains in the hospital, but they have been ‘cleared’ or released from isolation in accordance with national guidelines. This means that they are no longer an ‘active’ or contagious case of COVID-19, and as a result are they are no longer included in our COVID-19 hospitalization rate, “ACT Health said in a statement. “We have not changed how we report our hospitalization numbers. This is consistent with how they have been presented since the start of the pandemic. We have changed our wording to present this in a clearer way to society.” Earlier, questions were raised about ACT Health’s changed wording in the reporting of admissions after Tuesday’s update. Social media users questioned the government’s move to report “active cases at ACT hospitals” on Wednesday compared to “patients at ACT hospitals” on Tuesday and the days before. Tuesday’s figures reported about a patient in the hospital with the virus, who was in the intensive care unit and also on a respirator among 18 cases registered until 1 p.m. 20 Monday. Meanwhile, ACT reported nine new cases of COVID-19 over the course of 24 hours to 8pm on Tuesday. The new cases bring the active total to 150, while the number of cases associated with this outbreak is now 1769. The percentage of the eligible population now fully vaccinated has reached 95.6 per cent. There were 1910 negative tests returned within 24 hours to 6 p.m. 9 on Wednesdays. Prime Minister Andrew Barr has urged Canberrans to get their COVID-19 booster jabs as soon as they become eligible so the population is protected in time for winter. ACT government clinics have administered 8,000 booster doses since the program began rolling out last week, while thousands of vaccinations have taken place through targeted equity programs. Vaccination certificates will now be available for download to the Check In CBR app, though Canberra still does not require people to show proof of vaccination status when accessing venues. Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith said the certificate had been added to the app following feedback, which suggested people wanted a way to quickly show their vaccine status. NSW has registered 216 new COVID-19 cases and three deaths in 24 hours to 20:00 on Monday. Across the state, 94 percent of the population over the age of 16 has been vaccinated with their first dose, while 90.1 percent are fully vaccinated. There are 235 COVID-19 patients in the hospital with 41 in the intensive care unit. Victoria registered 941 new cases, while eight people in the state died. There are 657 Victorians admitted, 117 in intensive care and 69 in need of ventilation. 84 percent of the state’s population over the age of 16 is fully vaccinated. ACT and lockdown are free for all to access. However, we rely on subscription revenue to support our journalism. If you are able, sign up here. If you are already a subscriber, thank you for your support. You can also sign up for our newsletters for regular updates. Our journalists work hard to deliver local, up-to-date news to the community. Here’s how you can continue to access our trusted content:

/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/143258707/af60e505-7762-4ad1-86c4-ab2ab0b7c219.jpg/r17_236_5295_3218_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Leave a Comment

x