31-year-old woman arrested after ‘perfect’ five-year-old girl found dead at home

31-year-old woman arrested after ‘perfect’ five-year-old girl found dead at home


detectives have launched an investigation after a five-year-old girl was found dead in a house, with a woman arrested on suspicion of murder.

Dozens of officers were called in to help search the top-floor apartment on Leybourne Avenue in Northfields, west London, after police were called shortly before noon. 13 Tuesday due to concerns about human welfare inside.

London Ambulance Service doctors also attended, but the five-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 31-year-old woman was arrested on the spot and was arrested. Police said she and the girl were known to each other and that an autopsy will be performed later.

Jeremy Selwyn

Neighbors expressed shock over the child’s death Wednesday.

One described the five-year-old girl as a “beautiful little princess.”

He said, “She was the perfect child, just adorable. When I saw her, I wanted to give her a hug.

“She lived with her mother and father, who I think is a delivery driver. She was happy, always smiling- we are devastated. When we heard my wife and I both said ‘stop being the pretty little girl.’ She was a beautiful little princess. ”

Another neighbor said: “There were lots of police cars. They just fell down the road. ”

The apartment where the girl died is located on a road where properties are fetching up to £ 1 million and were cordoned off today as inquiries continued.

Another neighbor said: “This is a peaceful family street, there were so many police that it looked like a drug raid. The police would not tell us anything. To think that a five year old is dead is inconceivable. ”

Murder detectives from Met’s Specialist Crime Command are leading the investigation.

A spokesman for the force said: “Police were called at 12.56pm on Tuesday 14 September after concerns about the welfare of residents at a residential address on Leyborne Avenue, W13.

“Officers and the London Ambulance Service attended. Despite their efforts, a five-year-old girl was pronounced dead at the scene. ”

It happened when a separate murder investigation has been launched after a 51-year-old man was stabbed to death.

Police were called to Widmore Road in Bromley, south-east London, shortly before 11pm yesterday.

Paramedics and an air ambulance crew tried to rescue the victim, who had several stab wounds, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

His family has been told.

A few hours later, around 3:30 a.m., police were called to reports of a man on the roof of a building in Burnt Ash Lane, Bromley.

They counted the 29-year-old down, officers deployed a Taser, and he was arrested on suspicion of murder.

Metropolitan police said the arrested man and the victim were known to each other and they are not looking for others in connection with the killing.

Detective Chris Wood said: “Our thoughts are with the victim in this very difficult time.

“We are in the early stages of our investigation and my team is working to determine what happened here.

“Anyone who has information that may be useful to our investigation is asked to contact us.”


Leave a Comment